Summer Federal Aid

Financial Aid is now available for Summer 2019 classes! Register to help accelerate your degree at Bergen.

To qualify, students must:

  • Complete a 2018-2019 FAFSA (If selected for verification, all requested documents must be submitted);
  • Be enrolled and matriculated in an Associate Degree or eligible Certificate Program;
  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).


Important Dates to Remember

All requests must be submitted by stated financial aid deadlines dates.
Complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at

  • Summer I: June 24, 2019;
  • Summer U: August 5, 2019;
  • Summer II: August 5, 2019.

For Tuition Waiver  registration dates and deadlines refer to Registration and Academic Calendar information.
For Chargeback application submission deadlines refer to the Bursar’s Chargebacks information.

Federal Pell Grant

Pell is automatically awarded to eligible students.  Pell is available “Year-Round.”
If a student received a full-time Pell award during the fall and spring, they may still receive funds for the summer (if they register for 6+ credits).
If they register for less than 6 credits, an award may still be available based on remaining eligibility.

Receipt of summer Pell can reduce a student’s remaining life-time Pell limit. To learn more about Pell Lifetime Eligibility please visit:

If a student does not wish to receive a summer Pell Grant, they must submit a Pell Waiver.
For more information, we recommend you view the following “Can I receive a Pell Grant if I go to school year-round?” video:

Federal Supplement Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

SEOG will be awarded based on a student’s need (must have an EFC of 500 or less), enrollment status, and remaining funds available.

Federal Work Study


  • If a student was awarded work study in fall &/or spring, please see the supervisor for summer opportunities.
  • Students interested in obtaining a Summer Federal Work Study position should complete the following form and submit it to a One-Stop representative.
  • FWS Form: Summer Federal Work Study – Statement of Intent Form (PDF)


Federal Direct Loans

Students must request Federal Direct Loans for the summer sessions. To request the reinstatement of your Direct Loan(s) please complete the 2018-2019 Loan Request Form – Summer 2019.
To be eligible for Federal Direct Loans, students must:

  • Maintain at least half-time enrollment (6 credits or more for all summer sessions combined)
  • Complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at
  • Not exceed maximum annual or aggregate loan limit
  • Not be default of a Federal student loan

For more information, please visit

Annual Loan Limits


Dependent Students

Grade Level Loan Amounts
   Freshman (0 – 23.5 credits earned)        $5,500 Annual Maximum
   Sophomore (24 + credits earned)        $6,500 Annual Maximum

Independent Students

Grade Level Loan Amounts
   Freshman (0 – 23.5 credits earned)        $9,500 Annual Maximum
   Sophomore (24 + credits earned)        $10,500 Annual Maximum

*Loans may be subsidized or unsubsidized

Private Student Loans

If you are not eligible for the Federal or New Jersey State financial aid or need additional funding for your educational expenses, you may apply for Private Student loans. Approval is based on credit worthiness of the borrower and/or co-borrower as determined by the lender. NJCLASS applicants are required to be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

You may compare lenders and loan programs by visiting