Important Definitions

Remedial Coursework

For students who are required to take remedial coursework, a maximum of 30 remedial credits are allowed in addition for a total number attempted to complete their certificate or academic program. If a student takes more than 30 remedial credits, financial aid will not pay for those credits.

Repeat Coursework

Current Regulations allows repeated coursework to count towards a student’s enrollment status but does not allow an institution to include either more than one repetition of a previously passed course or any repetition of previously passed coursework due to a student’s failure of other coursework.

 Ineligible Coursework

A student is not eligible to receive federal Title IV federal financial assistance for credit hours/course work which does not count towards the completion of your degree program requirements.
If the course is not required for degree completion, you cannot include it in your enrollment status and you cannot be awarded Title IV funds to pay for the course.

Official Withdrawals

Students who wish to withdraw from a course must officially withdraw by completing a Add/Drop Form with the Registration Office or by using Web Advisor. All withdrawals affect a student’s academic progress and future eligibility for financial aid. Federal regulations require that the college determine whether a portion of the federal aid be repaid when a student withdraws from classes before the end of the semester. This is accomplished by calculating a return of funds calculation for Title IV purposes.
Students, who withdraw from ALL classes before 60% of the semester is completed, may be required to repay a portion of the financial aid awarded. The amount of aid that may be retained is in direct proportion to the length of time you attend classes during a semester.

Unofficial Withdrawals

Students who receive ALL“E” grades will be considered an “unofficial withdrawal” and the return of Title IV financial aid will be calculated at 50% of tuition and fees. Keep in mind that you may be required to repay a portion of the financial aid award.
As stated on the Registration webpage under “Official Withdrawals”, ( failure to officially withdraw will result in a financial obligation to the college, whether or not the student attends class.